I was trying to make a decision for wht surgery i should get. My prostate is on the larger size (70grams) and i have failed medical therapy (Flomax and Proscar). I am confused between Urolift vs HOLEP vs TURP vs PVP. Leaning towards HOLEP from what i see in the forum below. When i research it, it sounds like it is a minimally invasive surgery but has the same outcomes as open prostatectomy for BPH.

https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/prostate-surgery-holep-or-green-light-laser?p=1814018#1814018

Any input is appreciated

Hey! I just read this, I have heard a lot about those options and tbh I think Urolift is better but I would try to get a second opinion.

Good luck!

Just saw this, I had Holep surgery 4 1/2 years ago. I have no regrets. Med failed me as well.

Don't know much about urolift. Seems like a temp fix. I was told ,I will never have to worry about BPH again. After suffering multiple episodes of acute retention, that is welcome news.

Urolift is best for small glands under 50ml, Holep is best for anything bigger than that

Hi to everyone
could anyone give few information on TULIP (vs) compare to HOeLEP?? how about TURP... am confused of which of the 3 types surgery I would choose. am 65 yo with 38gm Bph.

every body forgets that it takes a skilled surgeon and one that takes the extra tome to make sure your other organs are not damaged. Plus the unbiased opinion of the best type of surgery. I see all the blogs and it is endless with horror stories with all the presider's and some good ones but it would be great to have a average 5 years info as that is roughly the time you get a another surgery. Wish they can tell us all the great surgeons and blacklist the bad ones. Does anyone been on no surgery for a long time and if so medication.