I have been suffering from high blood pressure for a while now, on and off, and my family does have a history of high blood pressure. I got terrible high blood pressure during my last pregnancy, and we would like to have another baby sometime in the next couple of years, so I am looking into ways I can make sure my blood pressure stays in the range of normal. Diet can help, apparently. But what is the best diet for high blood pressure?

Are you at all overweight? I am sorry to ask this, but I ask because I just read a fascinating article about the link between obesity and high blood pressure. Regardless of what you actually eat, if you maintain a healthy weight, you are less likely to suffer from hypertension. There are many things you can do to lower your blood pressure, such as eating a diet lower in salt and caffeine. Look for "Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension" or DASH if you are interested in learning more about eating foods to help keep your hypertension at bay.