Hey everyone,

I've recently had trouble with my high blood pressure. I didn't tell this to anyone, I usually keep my health problems for myself but I met an old friend of mine in the park yesterday, we were both taking our dogs for a walk so we met there. Anyway, he told me that his wife had problems with her high blood pressure so I told him about my problem. He told me that his wife is on a DASH diet and that I should do the same since this diet helped her a lot. Can anyone tell me anything about this diet?

Hey Adria,

It is true, this diet is used to lower one's blood pressure. This diet emphasizes vegetables, fruits,  low fat dairy foods, and moderate amounts of whole grain, fish, poultry, and nuts.

This diet actually has two versions of itself. The first one is a standard DASH diet which means that you can consume up to 2,300 milligrams (mg) of sodium a day. The second one is called a lower sodium DASH diet which means that you can consume up to 1,500 mg of sodium a day. So basically, both of these diets are used to lower your daily intake of sodium.

Hey guys,

Your friend is right and so is Alan, this is indeed used for high blood pressure and it is basically very good for your heart.

Because the DASH diet is a healthy way of eating, it offers health benefits besides just lowering blood pressure. The DASH diet is also in line with dietary recommendations to prevent osteoporosis, cancer, heart disease, stroke and diabetes.

You should talk to your doctor about the details of this diet. If I remember well, you are not allowed to drink alcohol, or you are only allowed to drink two glasses a day, or something like that.

Hey Adria,

Like others have already told you, this is a very good diet indeed. It is prescribed to people with all sorts of heart diseases and conditions and not only to people with high blood pressure. I have a good friend who is using this diet at the moment and he is quite satisfied with it, although it does take some time for a person to get used to it.

Like Stradivarius wrote above, you need to make an appointment with your doctor in order for him to tell you what exactly does this diet mean: he is going to give you all the little details that you need.

Hey everyone,

I appreciate the time and effort that you put in order to help me. I didn't think that my friend was lying to me or anything, I just wanted to know some details about this diet. Now I have no worries about it and I'm definitely going to talk to my doctor about it, I'll try to see him next week.

Is there any probability that some of you might have tried this diet? If there is, I would very much appreciate it if you would tell me what foods did you eat and stuff like that. Is it hard to get used to it, since I love eating sweets?

Good day there everyone.

My mom is following this diet program and she is very satisfied. She told me that this diet program is so health and that the healthy DASH diet plan was developed to lower blood pressure without medication in research sponsored by the US National Institutes of Health. The first DASH diet research showed that it could lower blood pressure as well as the first line blood pressure medications. The DASH diet emphasizes portion size, eating a variety of foods and getting the right amount of nutrients. This diet consist right amount of vegetables, fruits, meats etc. That is why this diet is that good. You should try it.

Hi there. Well, “DASH” stands for "Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension". This is a eating plan that encourages you to eat a wide variety of whole foods and enjoy delicious flavors every day. That diet program includes:

• Fat-free or low-fat milk and dairy foods • Fruits and vegetables  • Whole grains • Lean meat, fish, poultry • Nuts, seeds, and legumes (dried beans and peas)

The DASH diet is actually a very flexible and adaptable to your favorite foods, tastes, and lifestyle. It is recommended for all people who wants to be healthy and who wants to have a normal, healthy heart. Have a nice day.

Hey there.

Once you understand the meaning of the DASH diet program, you will understand why this diet program is good for you. Now, I remember that my aunt was following this diet program and that was the first time when I have heard about it. I was younger and I remember that I asked her if this diet program is going to help her lose her weight. She told me that this is not a classical diet program that is going to help her lose her weight. This diet program will help her maintain healthy and have healthy heart because of those amazing groceries. 

Hey there. This diet program is very easy to follow.

It is amazing if you are dealing with hypertension.

Even if you don’t have high blood pressure, the DASH Diet is worth a look. It may help you lose weight because it’s a healthier way of eating. You won’t feel deprived. You’ll have lots of vegetables, fruits, and low-fat dairy products while cutting back on fats, cholesterol, and sweets. Personally, I didn’t follow this diet program but my cousin did and she told me that this is more than diet program – it is actually a lifestyle for some people.

Good luck.