Hello everyone. For a past couple of months I had dizziness all the time and I was pretty sure that I am going to faint whenever there are some changes in the weather. Until this really happened one day. Also, the blood started to come out from my nose. They took me to the ER and it was nothing serious. Well, not that serious. Doctor told me that I have high blood pressure and that I should think about changing my lifestyle - I should exercise, choose a proper diet program, etc. My friend recommended me to start DASH diet program. I was wondering, can it help me?

Hi there Amanda. I am glad that you decided so quickly that you should change something about your life, that you should change your eating plan. Eating a heart-healthy diet is important for managing your blood pressure and reducing your risk of heart attack, heart disease, stroke and other diseases.And when it comes to DASH diet program, that is the best choice ever. It is proven that DASH diet program can lower your blood pressure, so your friend gave you an extremely good advice. So, find the plan that requires DASH diet program and go for it. You will see that your blood pressure is getting better. 

Wow, I am very, very happy because I find out the way to lower my blood pressure down. I am not familiar with diet programs at all, but I would like to try if it really can help me. DASH diet is a diet program that is totally new for me, but when my friend told me that I should consider to follow her, I said why not! But she didn't explained to me more about this, so practical I don't know the main thing - what should I eat according to this diet program, how many times per day I should eat? What to avoid? Those all are the questions that bother me. Tnx a lot!

Hi there.

DASH diet is definitely a good choice. It is easy to follow and I am sure that you going to like it. Here is what you need to know about DASH diet program. It is a healthy diet plan that is developed to lower blood pressure down without using any medications. The first researches showed that DASH diet program could lower blood pressure down at the same time like blood pressure medications. A numerous of studies have shown that this diet program can reduce the risk of cancer, stroke, heart disease, kidney stones, etc. About those things that you should eat – fruits, vegetables, meat. Good luck.

Hey Amanda,

The DASH diet program is a program specially made in order to lower your blood pressure, which means that the answer to your question is yes, the DASH diet can very much help you.

DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. The DASH diet is a lifelong approach to healthy eating that's designed to help treat or prevent high blood pressure (hypertension). The DASH diet encourages you to reduce the sodium in your diet and eat a variety of foods rich in nutrients that help lower blood pressure, such as potassium, calcium and magnesium. You should talk to a dietitian, he can give you precise instructions.

Hey Amanda,

I've been using this diet for some time before I got married, I used to have high blood pressure as well.

By following the DASH diet, you may be able to reduce your blood pressure by a few points in just two weeks. Over time, your systolic blood pressure could drop by eight to 14 points, which can make a significant difference in your health risks. Because the DASH diet is a healthy way of eating, it offers health benefits besides just lowering blood pressure. The DASH diet is also in line with dietary recommendations to prevent osteoporosis, cancer, heart disease, stroke and diabetes.

Hi Amanda,

The DASH diet emphasizes vegetables, fruits and low-fat dairy foods — and moderate amounts of whole grains, fish, poultry and nuts. It is mostly turned to limiting the sodium in your body, which can help in lowering your blood pressure.

In addition to the standard DASH diet, there is also a lower sodium version of the diet. You can choose the version of the diet that meets your health needs:

• Standard DASH diet. You can consume up to 2,300 milligrams (mg) of sodium a day.
  • Lower sodium DASH diet. You can consume up to 1,500 mg of sodium a day.

Well, if you ask me, you can start right away with the DASH diet if you are having trouble with high blood pressure, it's the best possible treatment out there, and it is totally natural, which is a major plus, at least for me.

Not only will this diet help you with your high blood pressure, but it is going to help you with your overall health. You will see, when you are done using it, you will be in love with the results so much that you won't want to get off this diet. I assure you that you won't be wrong.

I was always against this diet program, I am not sure why but when I hear that someone tells so good things about some diet program, I am skeptical. Until my sister started to follow this diet program. She had extremely high blood pressure and even pills were not able to help her to lower her pressure down. She started to follow DASH diet program and after almost two weeks she saw some progress. And she was eating almost everything that she was eating before she started to follow DASH diet program. So if you have problems with high blood pressure, you should definitely try DASH diet program.