I am worried about my blood pressure, it's 170 over 100. I think it's high. I have to say that I am overweight and I know that this only contributes to hypertension. I would like to know more about high blood pressure. Is my blood pressure high?

Your blood pressure does not appear to be too high. If you are worried about your health in general, I advise you to go to your doctor. When he examines you he will determine if your blood pressure is something that you should be worried about. Now, I will tell you some basic information about blood pressure. First, it is important to know that there is no such thing as ideal blood pressure. Normal blood pressure is in the range of 140 over 90. If the readings of blood pressure are extremely high or lower than this "normal" reading, then we have hyper- and hypotension. Hypertension is very dangerous if it's not diagnosed and treated it can cause stroke and heart attacks. Mild hypertension is not so dangerous and it is treated with changes in diet and by increasing exercises. If the case is different, if the blood pressure is higher then normal, then it is treated with medications like diuretics and beta blockers. As I said, I advise you to go to your doctor because you being overweight are making the situation harder.

170/100 is definately high. 140/90 is prehypertensive, 120/80 is normal. Definately check with your doctor immediately.
If all else fails look up high blood pressure inline for more information until you can get in to your doctor.
I run about 140/90 myself with medication.