My father has problems with his blood pressure. It is high and he has to take care of himself. Sometimes I feel really stupid because I don't know anything about it, especially high blood pressure. What is normal blood pressure? Can high pressure cause complications?

We all need to understand that there is no such thing as ideal blood pressure, but there is a normal rage of blood pressure. It is considered that the pressure 140 over 90 is normal. There is no need for worry if it's in this range. If the readings are higher or lower then we have high and low blood pressure (hypertension and hipotension). Hypertension, or high blood pressure is dangerous because it can cause heart attack and stroke. Besides this, high blood pressure can cause damage to the arteries, causing arterial disease. The good thing is that hypertension can be treated. Mild causes of hypertension are usually treated with dietary changes and exercises. However, severe cases of hypetension are treated with medications like diuretics and beta blockers. Diuretics help the boy to get rid of excess fluid and salt and beta blockers reduce the heart rate. I hope that I have helped you with your question and that you know more about blood pressure now.