Hello. I'm 45 year old female and I'm pretty worried for my husband’s heath. Just recently he scared me with some data that he got from his doctor after some blood checkup.
My husband has high blood pressure (140/95) and moderately high cholesterol (210). He is middle aged man and we must take this very seriously because of big risk for developing heart diseases and angina as well as the stroke.
The doctor prescribed him some medications to lower high blood pressure but I would like to find out more about this type of conditions. I'd also appreciate any suggestions on how I can meet each of our needs without preparing separate meals.

Hello. I know something about this and I'm will share it with you because I see you’re worried. These two symptoms, high blood pressure and high blood cholesterol in most cases are going together. Most people can lower their blood cholesterol by changing their diet, losing excess weight, and exercising more. These changes can also help reduce your risk for diabetes and lower your blood pressure.
The key of lowering blood pressure is reducing sodium intake.
Your husband should limit the sodium to 2400 mg per day. I would suggest food be cooked without salt, that you avoid salty foods and take the salt shaker off the table. You could also talk with some Registered Nutritionist who will be able to help you more about your best feeding choices.