Hi! I am caregiver for my mother. I wash her, feed her and I take care about her. But, she has bedsores on her back. What to do with bedsores in a sick person?

Hi! You should call doctor to see wounds. If they are in stage IV, only solution is surgical repair. You should also relieve the pressure that caused it. You can reduce pressure by changing positions often and using support surfaces. It's most important to keep wounds clean to prevent infection. A stage I wound can be gently washed with water and mild soap, but open sores should be cleaned with a saltwater solution each time the dressing is changed.. To heal, wounds need to be free of damaged, dead or infected tissue. A variety of dressings are used to help protect wounds and speed healing. You should discus with a doctor about dressing. Eating a nutritionally rich diet with adequate calories and protein and a full range of vitamins and minerals has been shown to improve wound healing. If nothing help to heal the wound than is used surgical repair.