There are NO other symptoms at the moment except fever and lethargy. Fever is mildly controlled with tylenol and motrin, tepid baths and rest and fluids but Dr has no idea what's causing it. Any ideas??

I'm sorry to hear that your child is having a hard time. Have you seen any other doctors about the disease at all? It's hard to say what it is that is causing this disease because it could be a a bacterial infection, it could be meningitis, or it could be something that would normally have multiple symptoms but that's it. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. Does anyone else have any ideas? Keep us posted on your child's condition.

Hi there,
You have to understand that you need to be careful with the medication when it comes to your five year old. He is still young to be receiving too many medication. I think that he might be having problem with urinary tract infection. In some cases the fever is the only sign that might be noticeable. Have you asked him if he has some kind of problems when he urinates? What kind of tests did your doctor do? I am not sure how can’t he find the right cause of the fever in your child? Has he had any problems with the constipation or his bowel movements? I hope this helped a bit.

Best wishes,
Marco