Hello! My eyes became red and inflamed two days ago. Since I haven’t felt much pain and there was no discharge I thought this would go away without treatment. I have used compresses that helped me soothe my eyes but then heavy discharge occurred and I decided to visit my eye doctor. He prescribed optrex. Is optrex with antibiotic helpful with conjunctivitis?

Hello! Yes, Optrex antibiotic drops are helpful in conjunctivitis since they contain the active ingredient chloramphenicol, which is a type of antibiotic. Chloramphenicol is a broad-spectrum antibiotic, which means it is effective against infections caused by a wide variety of bacteria. Bacteria conjunctivitis affects both eyes and causes a heavy discharge as you described. Optrex antibiotic eye drops will alleviate most forms of bacterial conjunctivitis.

Hi there,
These eye drops are good ointment to treat inflammation of the eyes. The fact is that these eye drops already contain antibiotics that are used to treat the bacterial infection in your eyes. To be more precise, I think that your doctor was right here to prescribe you these eye drops. Optrex eye drops are used to treat conjunctivitis so in my opinion you should not worry about this. you just need to use them as your doctor told you and you will be alright in matter of days. I hope that you case is not severe and that this treatment will help you as soon as possible.
Best wishes,
Marco