Last week I went into a dermatology clinic within my local hospital to have a few benign moles removed from my pubic area (labia). While one of the wounds located higher up on the pubic mound has scabbed over nicely, the other two located lower have not. After a week they remain open and sticky creamy fluid (pus?) is there but it's not really weeping, not painful, does not appear infected - just won't scab over. I feel it is probably because of the moist environment that they will not scab. I've followed the directions given by the clinic (keep clean with soap and water, use polysporin, keep covered with bandage for the first 24 hours and remove after that for air to get at it) and I have been sleeping without underwear legs open in front of a fan at night and when possible during the day but still these two wounds will not scab. When I do have to wear underwear it sticks to the wounds and when I pull the cotton material of the underwear away any scab that starts to form goes with it and that IS painful. Is there anything else I can do to promote the scabbing? Do I Use baby powder to dry out the area even more? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hello, i too have removed a couple of moles from my body, but they were mostly on the back and they healed up fast. But my friend did the same thing but he also had troubles with it like you do. I know they said that after 24 hours you should remove the band aid but try considering  putting back some bandage. I mean use bandage and tape it around your wound in such way that you will have some air flow over your wound but nothing else except the bandage will touch your wound. That should help scabbing. I would not dry it with baby powder, just use some bandage and give it a time.