Hello! I have burned my leg a week ago. I went to see my doctor and he prescribed some antibiotic cream and ointments. At first the wound was very inflamed and painful but then the pain and inflammation have decreased. I thought the healing process was going fine but then I noticed swelling and increased pain again. Today I have noticed some pus as well. How to deal with infected burn wound?

Hello! I hope your doctor checked if you are up-to-date on tetanus shots. The infection of burn wound can happen and it can be very complicated. The signs of infection are increased pain, redness, swelling or pus. Since you already have some of them you should visit your doctor as soon as possible. He will most probably continue with antibiotic cream and include some stronger antibiotics in your therapy (pills or injections).