Hello! My sister has burned her fingers with hot tea two days ago. I acted immediately and put her fingers under the running cold water. It helped her a lot but after some time few blisters occurred. I found some cream for burns at home but I am not sure if I can use it. How to best treat a burn wound?

Hello! Your reaction was correct. Putting the affected area of the skin under the cold running water is the first thing you should do. Don’t touch the wound or break the blisters since this can cause infection. Read the instructions of the cream you already have and check the validity. If the cream is OK you can apply it and then cover the wound with sterile gauze. Also, you should visit the doctor to avoid possible complications.

Well,
Can you tell me more about her burned finger? You did the good thing by putting her finger under the water but this will just ease the pain from the burning, and it will not help with the healing process. You will need to give her some over the counter topical creams that are good for skin regeneration. I think that creams that contain Aloe Vera are very helpful when it come to skin recovery from a burn. She needs to be careful during the healing time not to wash her finger too much and not to use too much soup on the finger as well. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best,
Nelie

You know what hospitals use a lot for burns. Silver impregnated bandages. Because healing is quicker and infections minimal. Typical Ointments are the 2nd best solution. Google ASAP Gel or similar products. In fact its good for all sorts of infections, outbreaks and injuries.