Guys, I need your help! My good friend broke up with her boyfriend and since that day she is struggling with enormous stress. Our mutual friends started to avoid her, I think that I am the only one who is with her right now. I want to help her. I was reading about some relaxation techniques and I have heard that they are pretty good for a person who is struggling with the stress. Can you recommend me some relaxation techniques for a stress reduction? Anything that can help her would help me as well because I really care for her. 

I think that there is nothing you can do for your friend if she doesn't want to help herself. But sure, you can be there for her and give her a couple of advice. I have heard about one very good technique, it is called body scan. According to this technique, it is needed to blend breathing focus with progressive muscle relaxation, which is really important if you want to relax totally. The results will be there soon, after a few minutes of deep breathing, because in this case you will focus on one part of the body or group of muscles and at the same time you will forget about mental issues that you have. This technique can definitely help boost your awareness of the mind-body connection. 

I see. But I think that is pretty hard to learn all of those techniques. I can't say for sure, I have never tried it, but as my friend is so not - interested in anything, I just don't see how she would be able to get interested in some relaxing techniques such as this one, body scan. I was calling her a couple of times to join me to the yoga classes (I don't need it, but I would be a good company for her) but she just laughed at mine suggestion. Any other things that are easier and that won't make her gay? Because all of those things, such as meditation and yoga she considers as gay sports. I don't know why, maybe she is saying this just because she is hurt. I don't know...

Gay sports? It is a first time that I hear something like this. I think that your friend is a bit spoiled. If she is full of some negative energy, she really should focus on sports, any kind of sports without thinking is it gay sport or not. I mean, what is a gay sport in the first place? Relaxation techniques for anxiety are really helpful, but I think that she is not aware of the fact that she is having some problem. Maybe you should be more persuasive to her by telling that you notice that she is different. If she is your friend, she will probably understand that you wish her all the best. 

Celebrity

People always will recommend you one technique and you should not be focused at just one of the techniques because there are so many of them. So, rather than choosing just one technique, all of the experts around the world recommend sampling several to see which one works best for you. So, you should tell your friend that you think that she is dealing with something, and you should tell her that you are there for her, that you can find the best thing for her to help her. Tell her that she should try to practice for at least 20 minutes a day, although even just a few minutes can help. But it depends on which condition she is and remembers,  the longer and the more often you practice these relaxation techniques will help her to see better results and to reduce the stress. 

Hey, take it, easy guys, OK? It is not that easy to tell someone that you "KNOW" that he or she is having a problem. I tried to tell my friend that I think that she is addicted to medicines after she lost her job and broke up with her boyfriend, and she was mad at me. That was 14 months ago and she is still not talking to me. So, you need to choose proper words and the proper way to do that. You can't just go to her and tell her - I know that you have a problem, you are depressed or whatsoever and you will lose everyone around you. My advice is to go step by step. Be gentle. That is the only way. I told you already how I know that.

Celebrity

Yes, maybe you are right, but I think that you can tell your friend and your family everything that you believe that it is not good for them. I don't say that you should tell your friend - look, you are crazy, I think that you are dealing with depression and if you don't do something about it, you will go insane. No, but you need to tell her by choosing the proper words. That is all that I think. Also, any type of exercise can be helpful, you can suggest her to go into the woods for a long walk with you, or to run with you - it doesn't matter. The matters are that she sees that you care about her. 

Guys, you should not "fight" about this one. Everyone has right on its own opinion. So many ways to tell her, so many ways to help her, right? It is very important for her to focus her mind on something and to relax her body. I have heard that guided imagery technique is also very helpful. When we are talking about this technique, it is good to know that you conjure up soothing scenes, places, or experiences in your mind to help you relax and focus. Also, you can find on the internet some calmful environment and play that whenever you can. So, in this case, you can find some good movie, a comedy with an amazing environment and this will help her. Trust me on this one.