Hello, I am 48 years old female. I need some info about beta blocker called Nif-Ten. I’ve got it as a high blood pressure treatment. I would like to know how Nif-Ten works. I never used beta blockers before. Thanks.

Hi, I can give you some info about this beta blocker. I recently read about because my dad started using it, he suffered from chest pain which turned out to be angina. Nif-Ten combines two medicines that have different modes of action. Atenolol belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers and is helpful in treating angina. It has an effect on the heart by blocking the action of chemicals called noradrenaline and which control its rate and rhythm of beating. atenolol interferes with the action of the nervous system on the heart and reduces the rate and force of heart muscle contraction and lowers blood pressure.