WTF? was it national 'Drive angry' day yesterday or what? I got honked at 2 times, had big massive F90000 trucks with 4 wheels in the back grazing me with mirrors, one car put me in the sandy shoulder, causing me to crash, and after that another guy rolled through a stop sign and cut me off, beeping and swerving to 'get me out of the way' and yelling at me. My bottle fell off my bike somewhere along the way (probably when i crashed) so at mile 8, bruised, battered, and breathing hard going 10 mph because of the adrenaline flowing through me...i turned around and took the long way home. :x

Sounds like you should have stayed on the trainer yesterday. I try to avoid riding on Friday evenings. Seems that's when most of the rednecks get out and drive around in their trucks.

>85% of the people that yell at me are driving a pick-up truck.

that is why we need more bike lanes

just a note to all you cyclists
you are subject to the same rules of the road as vehicles
so it means, stops and red lights etc

heck you want to try speeding that would be a noble goal

btw,
RTPD has never ever cited a cyclist

it is very rare if any department does

Sounds horrible!

I shouldn't take my city for granted.

In Ca where I live there is a bike lane on every street. We also have a dedicated bike path (paved) that goes along the Kern river for about 25 miles and they keep extending it!

A prominant cyclist was killed by a teen adjusting his stereo and now every year we have a memorial ride/run for him.

I would have no right to complain if i didn't follow the rules myself.

When approaching a stop sign/light i sit in traffic just like a car does, actually more like a motorcycle, a little to the right of the car in front of me. I signal, i stop, i yield.

So when some schmuck decides to roll through a stop sign because he's bigger then me, even though i stopped, and it was my turn, its time to say he's #1.