I'm a runner. It's the only thing I can stick to, and most of the time it doesn't seem like work, but rather something I do for me.

But I just run and lift. I'd like to be good at other things... like Kristin kick-boxes, and some bike. But I don't know what thing I'd be good at or enjoy... does anyone have any ideas about how to start branching out with what I do to stay fit and active?

First off, how much is a good bike and what kind is best?

I would say do what interests you. And it looks from your post, that biking might be an interest.
There are no 'best' bikes. Just get one that fits you well and one that feels comfortable when riding. As for how much, it depends on your desires/needs. I bought a bike at Target for about $150. It's great for tooling around, riding to work and taking camping. I've even completed two triathlons on it. But I'd rather have a Cervelo P3 for tri's. It costs $3100, and that's without adding all the good components.

A 'good' bike from a bike shop and not Wal-Mart/K-Mart will cost >$650 and up for the bike alone. Add in helmet, gloves, extra tubes, clothes, shoes and pedals (and on and on and on...) and minimum investment comes close to $1000.

You can get a used bike for less if you know what you're looking for, but you need to know a little about bit and components to make sure that you're getting you money's worth.

What kind is the best is completely subjective, but best is VERY expensive (like almost a new car, expensive).

I bought a lower-end bike earlier this year to get into cycling, not know if I would even like it or not and not wanting to spend too much on something I was going to abandon a few months later because I didn't like it. Turns out now that I'll probably more of a cyclist than a runner. I spend around 10 hrs./week in the saddle.

It also depends on whether you want a straight road bike or a hybrid or mountain bike. You may want to do some research before you spend....or see if your local bike shop rents bikes and try a few types before you buy one.

PH, what's that bike guy's website that they posted over at Multisport, I have it bookmarked at home but not here....it's a really good general resource....I wanna say his last name is Brown but I can't remember. I know you know who I mean.

But, Laur....as far as other things, just try them. You belong to Bally's...go play around in the pool, take an aqua class....do you swim at all? Maybe a couple sessions with one of their trainers for some swim pointers, try a spinning class or kickboxing, yoga. etc. Experiment, that's what I did. And don't focus so much on "being good at" something rather than enjoying it or you'll drive yourself nuts.

Cycling is probably one of the more expensive sports to get into. I'm sure roller blading is lots less expensive.

It's less expensive by far. That's what's keeeping me from getting a hybrid (rather than a mountain) bike. I don't want to buy c**p but can't afford the good stuff..

However, once you start swapping out parts (i.e. going from a 4 whelled frame to a 5 wheeled racing frame) and going upper end low boot blades you can easily drop $600.00 on a set.

Replacing bearings/wheels can can get pretty expensive too. For a new good set of both (in case you get stuck in a thunderstorm during a race like I did and screw them up) is abbout $80 - $90.
For the beginner, that's not necessary and actually probably dangerous.
Depending on what you're looking for, you can get a decent pair of starter skates for about $100 - $200. You can get them for less but I don't recommend it because you are not going to enjoy them as much (fit-wise) and also, if you start skating a lot you'll regret it.

I highly recommend Salomon over Rollerblade brand. I used to be a K2 fan but I bought new Salomons this spring, and I love them. Get an A-bec 5 bearing; anything else is not going to rotate well and skating will be pretty uncomfortable.

Make sure at minimum you get wristguards and a helmet. I don't use any other padding but I just don't like the bulk factor.
It's a fun sport, and good cross-training.
The kickboxing started as a cross-training option and turned into something I really like. Also, it is a decent form of self-defense.

Good Luck!