There's the usual crowd that you see while out running. What nicknames do you give the people?

Pre - this guy bears a striking resemblance to Prefontaine. I once referred to this guy when talking to a friend and she knew exactly who I was talking about.

The Whistler - an old guy that runs every evening around 6 oclock. When he exhales, it's a very loud whistle. You can hear him from a half mile away.

Russ's woman - My old sociology teacher's girlfriend, she's out there walking on occasion.

I give names to all people I see on a regular basis.

Mr. Mayor - The Mayor of Jenks, OK that I see every Tuesday at coffee.

Coachman - an athletic apparel salesman who looks like he's ready for two a days at all times. He just needs a whistle.

Amazon Gilligan - a goofy old guy who wears a Gilligan hat, but he's 6'5".

Mr. 8 seconds - Bullrider in Geology

Focker - Guy I know who's name rhymes with Focker (and he does Gaylord Focker stuff on a regular basis).

Dwight - as in Yoakam. Tall and super skinny, always wears jeans, boots and has a hat on with this kind of hair sticking out from under it.

The Youngin' - Guy who is quite a few years younger than I and loves to flirt with me. I call him the Youngin' because apparently he's not old enough to know any better yet.

Mr. I love Asian Chicks: Cowboy from Texas who has a thing for Asian chicks.

i so don't have the time to fully explore the nicknames for the people i see on a day to day basis... riding the bus, going to college, and working at tim hortons provides me with WAY to many people to keep track of...

that being said - Ms. Jenn hijacked the *runner* part of this thread, on the very first reply. good show.

Shirtless Guy - Always warms up in a sweatshirt, then goes shirtless to do speedwork - even when it's in the low 30s. 8O Lately he's taken to wearing spandex shorts...

The Fast Chick - Back when I was struggling through C25K, she'd be out there hammering out 7-min. miles. She was on the injured list for a while, came back, and then disappeared again. I haven't seen her in a long time.

Okay, I've got:

1. Snob girls - these three girls that run together all the time and every time I say "hi" or "good morning" it is as if I don't exist in their little world.
2. Mr. Weight Watchers - he is out there running every single morning. I have had casual, quick conversations with him either in passing by him or seeing him at the local Starbucks. Found out he is diabetic and that is why he runs every morning. He has lost a tremendous amount of weight, hence the name.
3. Dog Guy - Always, always, always with his dog. Running, walking, shopping, etc. That dog goes EVERYWHERE with him. The dog is extremely smart and extremely good. He never has him on a leash but the dog never runs away. Reminds me of a seeing eye dog.
4. Poof hair bandana girl - always has frizzy hair, always has a bandana on her head while running.
5. Leaning woman - I don't know what is up with this woman but when she runs she looks like she is about to fall over on her side.
6. Woman that shouldn't wear "only a sports bra" - this woman NEEDS to cover her body - that is all I have to say!
7. Jerry - This guy looks totally like Jerry Lewis and he is REALLY FAST!
8. Woman from the Reston 5K race - I see the organizer of my "anniversary" race from time to time.

...there are many more but I can't think of them all right now. Where I live there are a lot of runners and I see the same people around town pretty often.

I have the roads to myself, its rare for me to see a car, let alone another runner, cyclist, etc

Red White and Blue Guy...he always wears shorts printed with the American Flag, always has a bandana printed with the American Flag...and when I finally beat him when I was a wee lad of 12 or so, I was so excited to have finally beaten Red White and Blue Guy

stinky-------need I explain?? he unfornuately ran about the same pace as me for 10Ks

Loudfooted Guy - Running on the treadmill at the gym, and this guy nearly jumps and lands with every footfall. It gets annoying after, oh,...2 minutes...

:1: I usually don't see anyone, even when I run later in the day.

not runners, but people I see regularly

Carlos - The groundskeeper at the apartment complex close to where I work. We'll say hi to each other if he's out front when I ride by.

Skillz - What I would consider to be a bad example of bike commuting; headphones, no helmet and erratic riding. But, he's got good handling skills and seems to know what he's doing, much more so than the average X-mart bike riders I see.

One-Eyed Jack - A power walker I see sometimes that obvously only has one good eye.

Tribob - A guy I see out running sometimes that looks like Tribob.

Grandma Shuffle -- The old lady that used to kick my butt in a race. Nature Boy -- A hottie that always runs with his shirt off no matter the weather. B!tch -- A gal that thinks she's hot, but isn't. Also very snobby and refuses to return a passing wave.

If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't acknowledge you either. At least not after I got dissed out of your dream.

Old Walker Walkman - elderly woman I've seeen regularly for 2 years on the same morning route.

Mr. Sweats - dude who powerwalks in sweatshirt (red or white only) tucked into sweatpants (red or white only) tucked into black socks. Sleeves of sweatshirt tucked into gloves, hat pulled way down over his face. This is his outfit regardless of season, regardless of temperature.

Philly Nemesis - dude who wears purple spandex bike shorts and red self-cropped t-shirt (no lie, he's worn this single outfit in every race I've seen him for two years). He used to kick my ass, but now I routinely beat him by a lot. 8)

R@t B@stard - any RRer I drag to a race who beats me.

The Lion King--this guy has more hair than a wig shop and its HUGE. And he's always out when I and/or my roommate go. We are convinced he just doesn't stop running.

The Italian--he looks EXACTLY like my Italian Anatomy teacher who is a sub 3 marathoner but also a jerk who I also don't want to run into again. Ever. So everytime I see this guy (which is often) I stare him down so I know whether to abruptly about face or not. I'm sure this guy thinks I'm stalking him as much as I stare.

Iwannabeher/the fast girl--this girl who is friggin awesome but so so so nice, I did speed work "with" her (she and I were in the same general area, she going about twice my speed) one night. Bad friggin a. I see her as she blows past me.

Mr. Baby Steps--this guy who looks like he would be super strong and amazingly fast if he would just take a stride bigger than 10 inches. And he's easily 6'5". Its weird. Its like he's doing some drill or something and he's very focused. But that is all I ever see him doing.

There are so many more....

Oh and worse, I tend to see this girl who was a major encouragement to me when training for my marathon. She's awesome and a lot faster than me but would slow down to pace me and talk me through long runs, etc. I see her a lot, usually on one of our longer courses, but usually when I'm in my car, not running