hi im 35weeks pregnant and am on 25ml methadone daily, i have a mental battle with myself everyday not to use but sometimes i end up loosing it, when i do use i only use a small amount ( i only smoke it, have never injected ). i feel so guilty everytime i do it but the gear helps you forget about it, its a visous circle. 
i see my midwife reguarly, (she speailises in women who are on drugs/alcohol etc) she is very pleased with how the baby is growing, how strong his heart-beat is and how active he is! 
i am very concerned that my baby will suffer withdrawal symptoms when he's born but my midwife has told me every baby is different , he may be completely fine or might have some symptons. if he doe show any sign of discomfort she has told me the doctors will give him a small amount of oramorph. 
i will always feel guilty about using whilst pregnant and always hate myself for even getting on it in the first place as ive seen so many people i care about wreck theirs and their families lifes due to heroin but the mental hold the drug has on you is so unbelievably strong, its so so hard to get it out of your head.
i plan to stop using heroin now and just take my methadone and concerntrate on bringing uo my little girl and the baby boy im expecting. i think though that there should be more support for women/mothers that use.

Hey. I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. I sort of went through the same thing. I has a bad car wreck a couple years ago. And found out I was pregnant. I was addicted to Lortab. Which I took my whole entire pregnancy! A lot more than I should have. I felt absolutely horrible for doing this to my baby! When he was born he weighed 6.2. And was in GREAT HEALTH!! He had No withdrawals from this. He just turned a year old Saturday. I have been on Suboxone for months now and I actually have my life back! I feel GREAT!!! Maybe you should check into getting on Suboxone.
On another note. One of my friends took Suboxone her whole pregnancy and her baby came out with bad withdrawals! She had to stay in the NICU until she was 7 weeks old. She has only been home for a week now. It was very hard on my friend to have to go home without her baby. But she is doing ok now. She is still on a monitor at home and my friend has to still give her meds but she has already decreased to 0.2mL. Which is a VERY small dose. I hope some of this helps you! Just remember to stay strong!! You can do it, for you children at least. You owe them your sobriety!! Good Luck! God Bless!!