I want to present you my problem and I would like that anyone with some advice answer me. I have started to feel stomach pains few months ago. The attacks were usual after the meals, especially the fatty ones. Also my stool becomes pale. At first my doctor thought that there is blockage of bilirubin flow in the gut. But finally I am diagnosed with bilirubin deficiency. What it means how to treat that? My doctor told me that he must consult with his colleagues.

Your condition is very rare. It is still under the research. There is possibility that even your doctor has to consult with the specialists. Bilirubin deficiency means that for some reason liver do not produce enough of this enzyme. That is why you are experiencing difficulty when eating fatty food, because bilirubin helps break down of animal fats. Also its component bile gives the color to the stool. For treatment you could receive some gene therapy or even liver transplantation. But wait and see what your doctor will tell you.