I'm really confused right now and I'd appreciate some feedback. But I feel I have to give you some background information first, so this is will be a bit long, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible.

I was diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome and Acid Reflux earlier this year. However I've clearly been having some malabsorption problems, as I haven't been able to gain much weight and usually fat goes right through me.

I started using Pancreatin digestive enzymes by Solgar, along with some fiber granules and they helped tremendously at first. Then I went on a trip to Hong Kong where I got gastroenteritis from a chicken burger at McDonalds, and had to go to the hospital because I was puking up everything. During the following days I was normal, but then began having extreme constipation for about a month, and had to go home early because it became so bad. I had hypoglycemic symptoms and almost fainted at the airport.

When I got home I was still extremely weak, but as I began eating a more proper diet I started to feel a lot better. I also went gluten-free and that helped a lot. The constipation still lingered however. I decided to try the Colonix Colon Cleanse program to see if it would help. And it also worked like a charm in the beginning. But while I began having regular BMs again, they were still somewhat yellow/pale and dry. Recently it stopped working properly and I began having more violent reactions to the KleriTea etc., as if I've suddenly developed an intolerance for it.

I was beginning to suspect celiac disease or some sort of gluten intolerance because of how much better I felt when not having gluten in my diet. So I went for the celiac blood test, and did an extensive gene test as well. All came back negative. Previously I had done all sorts of blood tests for my liver all of which came back normal, except bilirubin which was a bit high. So then they did an upper abdo ultrasound, no gallstones, no liver cirrhosis or anything, it was basically normal. Also did a fecal test for parasites and bad bacteria if I picked something up in Hong Kong, came back negative. Then I did an Elastase-1 fecal test to see if everything was OK with my pancreas, it came back normal.

Basically everything has come back normal. So then I started to play around with my diet and supplements. I stopped taking Pancreatin and got some sort of regularity back, but then began having this pale fatty semi-diarrhea, because I eat a lot of nuts and organic beef. Acid reflux also became worse. Once I got back on Pancreatin, the constipation resumed. That's a pretty clear cause and effect link. Basically my choices seem to be: diarrhea or constipation. I'm going to continue trying some diet based solutions but this is frustrating.

What the hell could this be? Doctors have been pretty useless in making any sort of diagnosis. What I do know is: I have (or have had) many symtpoms linked to certain nutrient deficiencies, if I eat a fatty meal without Pancreatin, I have borderline steatorrhea, but if I eat a Pancreatin pill with every meal I have extreme constipation, my bilirubin is higher than normal, I have one gene for Hemochromatosis (which means I might develop mild Hemochromatosis), when I've been off enzymes previously I have unintendedly lost weight.

I have similar symptoms to you as regards your symptoms normally and how you had constipation using the enzymes. It such a big shame that doctors cannot come up with any tangible cure to diseases like this and many other diseases around the world despite being well-paid! Isn't anybody into research or all the pharmaceutical companies are out there making money by relieving symptoms of these chronic diseases instead of targeting the real root-cause (the cure). I would give my life to find the cure to IBS if i had the chance to, just to save my own children and the coming generation from this suffering. If only i could just 'concentrate' in class thanks to stupid IBS, it just ruins you emotionally and mentally too

Have you tried vegetable derived digestive enyzmes? I also find that leg raises and sit-ups with twist (soon after eating) help to stimulate my pancreas.

If you want to beat IBS look into eating a raw plant based diet. It is simple cause and effect. Your system can not tolerate the foods you are putting in your body. Where diet correct medicine is of no use. When diet is incorrect medicine is of no use. Let your food be your medicine and let your medicine be your food. All the best to you.

Based on your pale stools, elevated bilirubin and trouble digesting fats, it sounds like you definitely have gall bladder issues.  

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Hi there...why don't you try transfer factor? It will help...

Sometimes people got sick or weak without any deseases but the weakness itself. So, the doctors are constantly failing to diagonose anything. So, what I am saying is, you need to worry more about your weak body but not the deseases you are carrying. A simple solution for your conditon is enough amount of magnesium. It will work for you like a MAGNESIUM MIRACLE. `

Oxypowder got rid of my IBS. It changed my life. I used to be in the emergency room all the time with IBS symptoms but since finding oxypowder I have never had another issue with IBS.

Sounds to me like you have Chronic Pancreatitis. You certainly have the symptoms.