Hi, I must ask something because of my grandfather's condition. His condition is rapidly worsening. His skin looks very yellow, and his eyes are especially yellowish. He told me that his urine is very dark and his stool is pale. Doctors suspect that he has liver blockage but he doesn't want to tell nothing more before the testing after the weekend. What could cause liver blockage?

Those are typical symptoms of liver blockage. I had it myself. It can be cause by various reasons. Gall stones, trauma, inflammation or tumor could cause the liver blockage. It means that bile and some associated wastes cant go out of the liver. They are building up and instead in gall bladder or bowels it goes back in liver and damages her. Because of that levels of bilirubin and alkaline phosphatase and other liver enzymes are rising.