Hi, I am very much interested in biofeedback treatments. I would like to become a practitioner. The problem is that I don't know what terms I must meet in order to start biofeedback practice. Is some kind of certificate needed? If so how can I obtain it? Is there a course that teaches biofeedback practice?

Hi, first of all in order to apply for a biofeedback certificate you have to be a health care provider of some kind. Then you have to decide what type of biofeedback treatment interests you the most. You can choose between pelvic muscle dysfunction biofeedback, EEG biofeedback and general biofeedback. After this you will have to spend 20 hours with mentor and 50 sessions with patients under his guidance. When you have completed this phase you can take written certification exam and if you pass you can start practicing biofeedback. Certifications are valid four years. After this time you must recertify. Good luck!