My wife has bipolar disorder but for 2 year's now we have had it under control with out doctor's or med's. She cannot sleep at all and we need help on what to do to help her. I do not want her to see a doc unless she absolutly has too. We are 22 week's pregnant and she is having manic depressive episode's and has not been able to sleep for a couple of day's. I have also heard of medicinal marijuana being a good route as well. Please some one point us in the right direction. Thank's and god bless.

She should not smoke while she is pregnant, whether it's medical marijuana or not. It can affect body size of the baby as well as lung capacity and it's not a good idea to start. I think that she could run the risk of postpartem depression if she's already bipolar. I think that she should see a doctor about this so that she can sleep okay?