I have noticed that my sister has been depressed for a long time. She lost interest in almost everything, had difficulty to concentrate or remember, I even noticed change in her appetite. She couldn’t keep any relationship with people more than a few days.
But recently she started to be angry, confused, jump from one idea to another; she started to talk too fast, do things very fast. Her emotions are changing every hour, from intense highs to crippling lows.
I asked some people for advice and the answer was that she probably has bipolar disorder. They even told me that it is going to be worse with age. She doesn’t want to visit a physician and I don’t know how to help her. Advice ?

As you described her, most probably she has bipolar disorder. It is a manic-depressive illness and affects lots of people. I was in a similar situation like you two years ago. I have noticed almost the same things at my friend’s but she went to examine herself and was diagnosed was bipolar disorder. I was very confused what I should do, we have known each other our whole lives. I find out that there is no cure, but there are many treatments available to help control these extreme moods. She is using lithium, mood – stabilizing medication, as much as I know and for some time she joined support group. But she is cooperative only because she got strong support from her family and friends. So only advice is: be patient with her and try to encourage her to visit some psychiatrist and give her as much love as you can.