Hey all, I'm a little worried about my recent tendency to blackout every time I drink. I'm not an alcoholic (don't drink that often or feel a need to), and when I do drink it's rarely more than 6 (which has historically been my optimal point). I have never thrown up, I don't drink enough to pass out or do anything stupid, yet over the past year EVERY time I've drank I've blacked out some of the night. Usually my friends don't notice because I don't behave differently. However it's kind of worrying & also annoying that I can't remember significant portions of the night. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

I drank from age 13-25. The drinking srted slow and in moderation. I used to have the problem you are describing where I would always black out. I went through stages though but I was an alcoholic. For a few years I'd black out every time for a few years it was unpredictable as in sometimes I could drink a 30 pack n be fine where three days later I would blackout off three beers ... I had a serious problem though. I do not drink like this at all anymore because I had a kid. If your not doing anything stupid or upsetting anyone I really don't see the problem but a Dr would disagree. When you black out that's your bodies way of saying enough is enough. Do a little Google search on it. It's pretty wild stuff the body is. Be careful.