I drink (drank, hopefully) approx. 4-6 drinks every night, unless I have a deathly bad hangover. Usually 4 shooters of vodka, and then a 22 oz. of beer.  Sometimes a 1/2 bottle of wine instead of the beer.  All-day drink fests with blackouts on weekends. Sometimes mixed alcohol with a benzo. Bad liver enzymes. This has been going on for 5 years. Before that my drinking was limited to binging to blackout on the weekends. That had started at approx. age 17. I'm 34. So basically I have been a drunkard version of myself for 50% of my life. Yesterday I had 'only' 1 beer with dinner. That was approx. 24 hours after drinking to the point of blackout (~8) the day before. Withdrawal started at around 12:00 a.m. (midnight). Sweaty, dizzy, poor body temperature control, insomnia (5mg of ambien eventually knocked me out at 3:30), weird thoughts, mildly trembling hands, moderate restless legs, feeling in brain like it's clogged with water, mild auditory hallucinations (e.g., when my cat pushed his bowl across the tile kitchen floor, the normal scratching noise was accompanied by a high pitched bell that lasted for 15 seconds), substantial confusion and difficulty arranging words into sentences, irregular heartbeat, fluctuating blood pressure, anxiety to the point of panic, numb/tingling hands. The 'peak' of this sensation lasted approx. 1-2 hours. I was convinced I had suffered a mild delirium tremens, based on what I was feverishly reading online. That "convincing," of course, was during this heightened anxiety and panic, so my brain very well could have been magnifying things. But still, those are surely symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. What's interesting is that I actually had a beer that night with dinner. I'm assuming that my one beer, albeit not zero, versus my normal 4-6 drinks per night routine, caused my brain to experience hyper-excitement, which is the neurological cause of alcohol withdrawal (with the persistent depressant effects of alcohol removed, or substantially diminished, the neurotransmitter over-compensation that has built up over time is not being dampened, causing it to be flooded with 'electrical' activity). Given that I had mild to moderate alcohol withdrawal symptoms (and perhaps a mild DT) even WITH that one beer, I wonder if it's wise and safe to try to go without any drinks at all today.

I have been an alcoholic for about 6 years now. Drinking everyday for about 2 years. And drinking 24/7 for about 1 year (to ease the anxiety, shaking and sweating). Withdrawals symptoms can start anywhere from 2-4 hours for me. Sucks every time and seems to get worse. I've moved on to the hard stuff (4-7 shots, about 2 ounces each, over 24 hours). I even wake up in the middle of the night to take one because of the anxiety and insomnia. The longest I've been sober is one month. I don't suggest you do this at home because your symptoms are pretty severe. You may have a seizure. I wish you luck in the battle.