Hi, my girlfriend had blackout after drinking. Does it happen often, as I have never heard of it before?

Hi, actually it is a known phenomenon, and I don’t know how could it be explained. My female roommate had such an experience after a night of drinking at a bar. She was having good time with her friends, and didn’t care how much was she drinking. Next morning she awoke with no memory of the events of the preceding night. She was dancing like crazy, flirting with men she usually wouldn’t. She was free to do whatever crossed her mind. The following day, she called her real boyfriend to explain to him that she doesn’t remember what happened the night before.

The first time I had acsess to alcohol I drank till i blacked out, i was around 12-14 at that time. Now it seems everytime i drink i blackout, eventually passing out. Of course i drink till i hit the floor and drink in excessive speed at that. But through my research ive figured out that speed of drinking, drinking on an empty stomach, and lack of sleep all contirbute to the blackouts. Your body can process a beer in around an hour safely and anything more will make its way around your body, and bring you closer to a blackout. In all drinking slower and eating snacks, combined with a good nights sleep will in effect cut down on your chances of blacking out. I am an alcoholic and i never thought about the blackouts just had to figure out the stupid sh*t i did the next day.