I'm 19 years old in college and never drank in high school. I started drinking about a year ago during the beginning of my freshman year, but only started to drink more heavily about 6 months ago. At first I got the normal hangovers, but then when I increased consumption and started drinking every weekend, I never got hungover anymore. However, a problem I noticed to get when I started drinking more heavily is that I black out almost every time I drink. Even if it's not a full black out, I often will always not remember parts of the night. People can't tell I'm black out drunk, but I do act in ways and do and say things I'd never do if I wasn't that drunk. So I decided to cut back drinking a bit and haven't been drinking every weekend. 

But now, the times that I have drank, I almost always throw up the next day. I'd thrown up the next morning a couple of times before when I'd drank an enormous amount the night before. But the past couple of times I've had about 7 beers (which is still a lot, especially for my body size being 105 lbs and 5'5) and I've felt "off" in the morning... just bad... and then ended up throwing up, sometimes multiple times. Both times I ate something and drank some water (though probably not enough) before going to bed and both times after I threw up the next day, I suddenly felt a lot better. 

Is this a sign of early alcoholism? I know I've only been heavily drinking for less than a year, but I'm definitely concerned. Especially the way that I act when I get to black out drunk. It also takes a long time for me to actually feel the effects of alcohol after beginning drinking for a night. I know the best thing will probably be to stop drinking, but I'd like to be able to drink every once in a while when I'm 21 and not be scared I'm going to get black out drunk. And I'm also concerned on why I've started getting sick the next day... it's very strange.

Sorry, but after reading your post, I'm left wondering if you had any sort of education in life at all.

Erm...drinking to excess causes hangovers and black-outs. Woohoo, surprise! It's not strange, it's called a hangover- a well-known effect of drinking alcohol!

Dickhead! No other word for this post! Don't drink- simple as! Why are you whinging about it on a message forum?

V

If your body reacts adversely to alcohol, even when consumed in reduced portions, as you described - it is your body telling you to stop. Prolonged heavy drinking can cause dozens of medical complications, of which include, memory loss, impaired judgement, and temporary black-outs, as you mentioned. I strongly suggest you stop drinking as It very well may develop to a point where you won't be able to stop, in which case, your life will be ruined - both emotionally and biologically. List 10 reasons why you still bother living - if you think alcohol is more important than those ten reasons, go ahead and drink, but for any moment, you ask yourself why are you causing harm to yourself - stop the drinks. If you want to stop, and can't, get help.
This is a bored 13 year old telling you this.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

I know exactly what youre going through. You have produced the protein that will lead you to alcoholism if you persue your drinking habits but if you slow down, you will ''fool'' your brain and he wont get into the pattern. Avoid consecutive nights, drink a beer or two during the week because if you only drink on the week-end you will drink more to compensate , thats the way it goes. I'm older than you and I still have to watch myself. The worse thing is your black-outs because puking is a good reflex of your stomach but still a sign that your liver is overdosed with wrong Ph, acidity, but when you lose track of what happened during the night, you can get in trouble and devellop amnesia, that is bad on a long term because its comparable to a brain commotion, anyways, hope I helped you a bit to understand the drinking issues. Good luck!

Try stopping for a month or even better a few months. If you are an alcoholic, you won't be able to stop. You will drink even though you know you don't want to have the drink. A craving, like a zombie after living flesh, will overcome you and you will be sitting there having a drink. Check out help - maybe just do it anonymously. There are many paths to the solutions - don't accept any until you find it!!

Hey try not being a c**t bag why the need to be such a as****e?

Well I see there have been some interesting answers here and I'm not sure I agree with most but the person telling you that it's your body telling you to quit, Yes. I'm thinking your body is taking the alcohol as more of a poison to your particular body, quitting for a while will tell you for sure. I'm also thinking that when you quit for a while, your body is going to react even more to lesser amounts. Can I ask you a question? Is it a prerequisit to be in college to get that blotto'd every weekend and what about during the week?

I'm sorry but why be such a b***h? He asked a simple question, he didn't ask you specifically to answer it so the fact you took time out of your day to be so rude is quite frankly pathetic. "Don't drink". Stupidest response. He's in first year college, and it's obvious he was asking how to give it up, he was asking how to prevent the sickness. Don't be so f*****g ignorant

You're a complete as****e...

shut up c**t