Hello! I really need to hear something of bladder cancer for I am really afraid my mom could have it. It’s been for years now that she is having the bladder infection symptoms that are frequently treated with antibiotics, but in last few months she sometimes have the blood in her urine sometimes it’s of light color and sometimes it is more dark and sometimes there’re no blood traces, but anyway I would like to hear if she could be having bladder cancer so please some general info or bladder cancer symptoms. Thanks

Your mom is more likely to have what is called haematuria and that means blood in the urine which is the most common bladder cancer symptoms but in the same time having blood in urine doesn’t have to mean it is cancer related though anyway having blood in urine is never a good sign for if it is not bladder cancer than it might easily be kidney infection which also may turn into serious illness if not treated on time. So my advice is that your mom got medical checked as soon as possible especially regarding the fact she has frequent bladder infections for years now and if she wants to make sure if this has something to do with bladder cancer then she might have few different tests such as blood and urine test, a chest X-ray to check her hearts and lung’s condition. I was also suspected once of having possible bladder cancer and I had pyelogram or how it is also called intravenous urogram which is in fact X-ray exam that examines the kidneys ureters and bladder in order to detect if there’re any abnormalities present in the urinary system and also there’s a cystoscopy the test which is performed by using telescop device to look into the bladder usually the patient is given some anesthetic so won’t feel any pain while this exam.