Hi! I need some info about cervical cancer stage 4 for my elder sister has a surgery of her cervix. While surgery she has been diagnosed with cervical cancer stage 4. What means this term stage 4 and what causes it. Are there chances for her to recover? Thx

Hi there! I am a one that has that precancerous condition I mean I once had cervical dysplasia but I treated it on time so I may suggest that your sis have missed to do all this regular Pap-test so she came up to the cervical cancer stage 4. This phase -stage 4 means that the cancer has metastases in other words it has probably spread to the rectum, bladder or other parts of the body. The cancer has become probably that large that even may spread to lymph nodes in the pelvis which is stage IVA, and there’s also stage IVB meaning that the cancer has spread to the other parts of the body such as the abdomen, colons, liver or lungs. As for the causes of cervical cancer there’re many factors that might cause it like early start having sex or having many sexual factors, smoking and diet that lacks in A and C vitamins, use of oral contraceptives, large number of labors and also HPV infection may cause cervical cancer. One of the main factors might be family history related. You’ve said that now she’s about to do her chemo which will do well in killing residual cancer cells. One of the options is radiation therapy but I don’t think it’s likely your sis will have it for stage 4 means later cancer phase so the vital organs would be affected with radiation which is not recommended. And recovery chances depends on cancer’s stage –whether it has spread to the lymph nodes or elsewhere and it of the cervical cancer type as much as of its size. And what else I could say this might be a good lesson for you it’s a must going on your regular Pap-test in which manner you reduce the risk of getting a cancer by reacting on time.