Hello! I need to hear info about cervical cancer. My pap-test result is that I’m HPV positive, so I went to my colpo which showed I have mild cervical dysplasia. My doc says it’s nothing too serious but as far as I’m concerned it’s more like I have cervical cancer and I’m terrified of having cancer of any kind. Please help; I really need info about this.

Well, it’s obvious that you’re totally misinformed. As for the HPV sure it’s not a pleasant experience but researches says that large number of woman lives with HPV for years without knowing it for there’re no symptoms actually. And for your info being HPV positive doesn’t mean you have cancer, actually there’s statistically a large number of woman with HPV that never get cancer. And as for mild cervical dysplasia it’s not like you have cancer you know. It’s just that you have some abnormal cells that have started to spread around your cervical area but for you’re diagnosed with mild cervical dysplasia it means that they have spread over very little surface of your cervix that doc probably won’t recommend no treatment yet. Maybe you also need info about cervical cancer symptoms and you haven’t mentioned any so I’m pretty sure you haven’t got them either. So these symptoms may be: abnormal bleeding between periods, pelvic pain and also very common is pain after intercourse, you should also avoid having diverse number of sexual partner and similar.