My sister has a hysterectomy two years ago for she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She feels fine now, but I have this fear about ovarian cancer. I don’t feel great lately and when I remember my sister symptoms I think I might be having ovarian cancer too. I’d like to hear more about ovarian cancer symptoms and how to diagnose it. Thanks.

Just like your sister I got my uterus removed which means I also had hysterectomy. And hysterectomy is usually to be done in cases of later-stages ovarian cancer, which was my case. I had the symptoms that I never thought that has something to do with ovarian cancer: constant fatigue, my abdomen was bloated and I had digestive problems. And when it came to abnormal bleedings it turned out I have ovarian cancer. And usually it’s the surgery that can tell best if it is ovarian cancer so in such cases the surgery is unavoidable. And it is very important if you have symptoms like those described you better go visit a doc as soon as possible for if this disease treated on time there’re more chances of getting cured. I guess your doc will advice you first to do CA125 blood test and if its levels are raised it is likely to have ovarian cancer but it should be confirmed with an ultrasound test which will check out the size and texture of your ovaries or maybe if there’re some cysts also which may contain cancer cells. Anyway you should go and check your condition as earlier as you can.