Hello! I used to have frequently inflammation of my bladder. I had problems with urination even when I was a child. When I feel pain in my bladder and while urinating I visit my doctor and he usually prescribes antibiotics. Also, I notice my urine usually changes color when that happens. Antibiotics usually help and the symptoms decrease after few days. But, yesterday I saw blood after urination. Is this usual sign of UTI or is this something completely different?

Hello! Since you already have frequent urinary tract infection this is most probably the sign of UTI. But, blood in your urine is very serious and I think you should visit your doctor as soon as possible. I don’t want to fright you but blood after urination could be sometimes sign of bladder cancer. You should visit an urologist and he will do more comprehensive testing, maybe cystoscopy or CT-pyelogram. Whish you all the best!