I have this kidney pain, on the left side of my upper back. Don`t know what could be the cause of my sore kidney, but am afraid of some kidney disease. I think that I have a kidney stone, and that is not so dangerous, but what if I have something worse? What could my sore kidney mean? My urine is normal, there is no blood or something.

Hi. There are many causes of kidney pain, such as infection in the kidney and kidney stones (the most common causes). X-ray will detect your kidney stones and samples of urine will show if infection is present. Some other conditions may also cause pain, and it is often called a loin pain-haematuria syndrome. LPHS is a combination of loin pain and haematuria (blood in the urine). The blood in the urine may be visible to the naked eye, but in some cases the amount of blood is so small that it cannot be seen.