On an average basis my boyfriend and I have been having sex once every other day to once every two days. More often then not I'm the one controlling the situation so it's a little more mellow. However, the last five days, we've been having sex at least two times a day and he has been the one in control so it's been a little rougher then usual. I am on birth control, Sronyx, and haven't missed any pills or been late. I'm one week of active pills away from my week of inactive-period-inducing pills, yet the sixth morning I woke up after sex I started noticing I was bleeding throughout the day. It wasn't light pink, it was red. Although I wouldn't say enough to be a period, or even a light one. It's the second day now and I've woken up with bleeding still. I know spotting is normal, but usually when I spot it's light pink. Did maybe I get injured or rubbed raw from sex, or should I be concerned about pregnancy or more serious injury?

I've noticed that a few times after particularly rougher than usual sex or even sex that's a little more frequent than usual, I've had some bleeding. Sometimes it happens. Now, if there is pain during intercourse and bleeding or if this is an all the time thing, I'd get checked out by a doctor. Sometimes infections like yeast or bacterial can show no symptoms and cause a little bleeding. If that's the first and only time its happened, it's probably because of increased intensity and activity. 

Okay, thank you for your response. : )