I'm suffering from a weird skin infection. It's made the skin around my belly button feel hard (the inflammation of tissue beneath the skin) and painful. My belly button is swollen and the area around it is red and inflamed. The knot of my belly button looks like it's possibly filled with liquid -- it's swollen so it protrudes out of my belly button but it is soft and I can press it down.  I've taken antibiotics from the doctor for the past week which has helped cleared up some of the redness and inflammation but it's still painful and the knot is bulging out. Has anyone experienced anything similar?  I'm in my late teens, fit and healthy, and have never had any problems like this before.

I'm experiencing the same thing except I haven't gone to the doctor yet. It's really just become inflamed today. It is painful to the touch, but hurts whether I'm touching it or not honestly. It is swollen and red inside of my belly button...I'm thinking I need to make a dr's appointment ASAP.

I'd definitely recommend going to the doctor. The antibiotics didn't work and I had to have surgery because it turned into an abscess...nasty! Don't worry though. It was a minor surgery to drain the abscess and I'm back to normal now. So relieved to be free of the pain!

wow! i have the same problem i have red swollen and painfyll iritation around my belly botton i hate this it feels like a million needles poking at it at the same time my clothes are making it iritated,it gets mad so i put on my robe and put ice on it then  i got a stricking pain through my belly button and it got a whole bunch of bumps around it it was weird.i think you need to go to the hospital or make an doctors appt. ASAP i think i will to haha!!

This thread is a little old. My post was 6 months ago!
I did go to the hospital and I had to have a minor surgery because it turned out it was an abscess. I was so glad to get it sorted out because it was really painful. Hope you're okay!

I'm going threw the same thing right now . what happend

I have the exact same thing. Ever time I put something on my navel like achol or some cream it turns even more red or it burns