I used to have problem with Tinea cruris, or ringworm. I think my doctor told me it was caused by some dermatophytes. Since I heal it very fast, I didn’t learn anything about it. Now I have problem with recurring ringworm. That’s why now I want to know more about it, and why it recurs?

Ringworm is a fungal skin infection of groin. In men, it can spread to scrotum, but both men and women can get it. Ringworm is also known as Tinea Cruris or Cermatophytosis inguinalis. Dermatophytes are fungi which cause skin infections. Almost everyone has at least one of the fungi which can cause ringworm of the groin. More often then not those fungi are harmless and feed on our dead skin cells. Symptom is large, scaly, red-brown patch on the groin. Infected area may be itchy or have a burning sensation. Because the fungi thrive in warm, moist places, they are often a problem for men who do not practice very good personal hygiene. That’s why poor personal hygiene is likely to lead to ringworm of the groin recurring. Also ringworm will recur if some other risk factors are not changed.

hi .. i have this too .. can u tell me what cream/lotion should i use ?? i live in the US so could u please reply accordingly.

"Ringworm" is a skin infection caused by a type of fungus called a "dermatophyte." The common name "ringworm" comes from the appearance of the infected skin. There is often a pink, scaling area of skin with a clear center and a well-defined edge, giving the appearance of a pink ring.

Dermatophytes like to grow in warm, moist areas. "Athlete's foot," for example, is a fungal infection that occurs around and between the toes. "Jock itch" is a fungal infection of the upper, inner thighs and the groin. Fungal infections can occur anywhere on skin, including the scalp, fingernails and toenails.

People living in warm, moist climates are at greater risk of developing fungal infections of skin. Skin can also become infected by coming in direct contact with another infected person or an infected household pet. In fact, infected pets are often the source of recurrent fungal infections. If your pet is scratching or if you have a recurrent problem with ringworm, have your pet checked by a veterinarian.

People with certain medical conditions such as diabetes or leukemia are often more susceptible to fungal infections than are others. If your immune system is weakened for any reason, your skin is more susceptible. If you have recurrent ringworm or other recurrent skin infections, be sure to see your physician to look for any underlying conditions.

It is important to know that other skin conditions can look like ringworm. There are simple tests that the dermatologist can do to determine whether your condition is ringworm or another skin condition. Antifungal creams and lotions will often be effective in treating ringworm, but it is important to see a dermatologist for correct diagnosis and treatment.
quote="carano"]

I once thought I had recurring ringworm. I decided it was Nummular Eczema (Dermatitis) in the end.

ringworm doesnt just happen on the groin....I have recurring ringworm of my chin and neck that I am going to see a dermatologist about as soon as possible, common places for ringworm include the cheeks, neck, chin, upper lip, feet, and groin....I have been taking every precaution I can think of, I take showers every day at least once sometimes twice, I do mma so I always come straight home to shower immediately afterwards, I change my sheets regularly, I eat pretty healthy to try and keep up my immune system, and I dont scratch at it when I do get them, yet it its constantly recurring as soon as I get rid of one another pops up and it is extremely frustrating to ahve it keep coming back even though im doing everything in my power to prevent them.....hopefully the dermatologist agrees that it is ringworm and doesnt tell me I have some other skin disease that just looks like ringworm...

It would be interesting to find out what your doctor said about it.. i have had the same problem, it started after we stayed at a Howard Johnson Inn at Fortworth. I shower almost always twice a day, change my clothes often, clean sheets, all the necessary precautions.. but the people at the allergy clinic almost treated me as if I had bad hygiene because I had this issue.. ugh. 

I've got the same problem with recurring ringworm... mostly on my upper arms though, the first time it happened I didn't know what it was and it spread all the way up onto my neck and then onto my face and I have no idea why. I don't even know what made them go away the first time... I tried pills and creams so I'm not sure which helped (the pills were very expensive though which is unfortunate if the ring worm keeps coming back. It took forever to go away the first time and I really do hate it.
Irritated. I'll probably just have to go to the deromotolagist and see what's really going on with my skin.

I have recurring ringworm as well. Every summer I have to take a medication called Fluconazole it works great for a year. That is what I would recommend, I go to the Doctor every year to get it and they don't tell me anything different. It is worth a try.

i too have this problem. Ring worm occurs repeatedly, My doctor prescribes kz cream for treatment. Please tell some good medicine.

I have this issue. I bought a guinea pig from pet co that had ringworm which transferred to me. I was pregnant at the time so it grow fast and I couldn't take oral medcation. It started with a small patch on my neck, then moved up my face and down my chest. The dermatologist prescribe me some KZ cream it finally went away. Well it's been a year soon as it got really humid the ringworm came back. But the meds arent's working like before I've tried every remedy nothing helps. I'm afraid to hold my baby rubber last thing I wasn't too do is give it to her:(

Hiya, did you manage to find a solution to the reoccurring ringworm, im in a similar situation where i bought a pet and it gave me ringworm and now i cant shake it off. Just keeps coming back

Hello all
I've been suffering with ring worm at the groin area since long