I'm not exactly sure what I have but its a bump on my penis. I'm not sure if its a zit, ingrown hair, herpes or something else. I'm really starting to freak out. The bump does her mildly if slight pressure is on it but other than that it is unnoticeable. I haven't had sexual intercourse. I am a virgin but there still that thought in the back of your mind that it could be herpes which freaks me out.

Hi Jon,

Is it under the skin?  It could be a sebaceous gland.  The skin is thin and they can appear as a bump.

It could also be a pimple, you can get them there too.  If it was herpes it would normally ulcer over.

Don't squeeze it or "pop" it.  It can leave a scar.  It should go away in a few days.

Thanks for replying. It seemed like a zit under the skin and moved towards the surface. I have had it for about 4 to 5 days now approximately. Today it popped involuntarily. Im still concerned if I should go to the doctors or not. Or should I just keep and I eye on it?

It sounds like a zit Jon.  Just do your best to keep it clean and dry, let it heal.

I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Thanks again, I have started feeling a little pain when I urinate. Its weird because it only happened after the zit popped.

Where exactly is the bump?  On the shaft or on the head?

Its on the part of the shaft that rests on the scrotum.

I went to the doctors and they said I had urethritis. They gave me antibiotics so hopefully this ordeal will be over with. 

Thanks for posting back with the update Jon.

Good luck.