I am a 23 year old male, sexually active with one partner. I have had a very tiny isolated bump on the shaft of my penis for about 6-8 months now. Its impossible to pop since there doesn't seem to be any pus or anything else in it. It is not painful or red or anything out of the ordinary, its just kind of there. Its near the hair follicles on the bottom part of the shaft, dead center on top. The weirdest thing about it is that it becomes much more prominent when my penis is erect. I have thought for months now that it was maybe an ingrown hair since I do shave that part of my penis. It hasn't bothered me at all so I figured it would eventually go away. Anyway, after looking up some stuff I am getting worried it may be HPV. Would my regular physician be able to diagnose this problem or should I be going to a dermatologist or someone else?

Curious if you ever got any results on this. Same situation.

Hello guys, your topic is very interesting for me and as I have read them I decided to write p+one, because I had similar problem, called penis bump. I was scared because I was sexually active in that time, and few times I did not use a condom, but I was lucky and it was just a pimple neutralized by using some medical cream. According to your cases you should not be scared if you had sex with just one partner, and if your partner slept only with you in last few months. The best solution is going to dermatologist and than you can be relaxed.

A single bump on the shaft of the penis  that is not sore, itchy, inflamed or filled with any fluid is unlikely to be  related to an STD; I would recommend seeing a dermatologist, but an issue like this might be nothing more than an overactive follicle. It may get bigger during erections simply because there is more blood in the underlying tissue. You can help to keep the penis skin healthy by washing every day, making sure to clean under the  foreskin if you are not circumcised, and to apply a penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend  Man1 Man  Oil) to keep the skin moisturized, smooth and supple.