i started with neck pain on and off about a month ago..up into ythe bavk of my head both sides...then started with like a nerve twitchin near my jawbone on left side,then came the blocked feeling in my left ear and down left side of my neck.feels like a swelling to the left side of my thoat next to the adams apple...any1 had simialar??

I have had similar symptoms for a while now. A bump to the right of my adams apple, stiffness in the neck, and ears that feel they need constant clearing. Yawning creates a minor lockjaw sensation. I also have some trouble clearing the throat and speaking for prolonged periods. Have had these symptoms for months, with no doctor being able to help!

Keep in mind that medical doctors really only address symptoms from a medical standpoint and frankly that is not always where the problem lies. A Chiropractor can determine if there is pressure on nerves in the back and top of the neck which are causing the ear trouble and jaw popping and headaches. You also may want to have thyroid blood work done as some thyroid conditions also result in ear "cloudiness" and ringing as well as headaches...lump in throat sensation.

Driving down a range with over 600 bends & turns last October 06 my ears popped. Next day my balance was so bad hubby had to hang on to me to stop me from falling. My ear felt blocked, dizzyness, throat very tender on outside. forgetful etc. I've since seen a specialist & it's a blocked artery in my ear that will only go in time. it's been 7 months now & it's getting better very slowly. I still have bad days. I might try the chiropractor to see if it can be fixed. I didn't drive for 5 months but I'm able to drive locally. Glad I found this site. Thankyou.
Pam - Brisbane Australia

Pam, I don't think Chiros will help a blocked artery. I am not fond of Chiros because as a health professional, I know they don't practice evidence based medicine. You are getting better but very slowly. Thats just the nature of things at times. I feel you need to have a bit more patience with your condition. Stanley - Brisbane