For an extended period of time I have been having throat issues. I have this clicking noise when I swallow. It is not constant but it is aggravating. I am also experiencing tightness and some discomfort. I sneezed the other day and felt a very sharp pain. It was very painful and the discomfort continues. Acid reflux and growths of any kind have been ruled out. If anyone has advice or similar symptoms please respond.

I have the same exact symptoms and not sure what it is.

I have seen some doctors and no one can pin point it.. has anyone received any answers on this... over the past weekend it has gotten so bad I can not swallow.. I have been dealing with this over the past 7 months... please respond cbrino at ya hoo

I also have the exact same thing! >:( . Btw if you have been with this pain for 7 months i think you should seek some medical help. I have been with this problem for 2 weeks now and i cant bare it! I

I Need a medic!!! Is there a Doctor in da house?

I have the same problem...my throat clicks when I swallow. I have no pain whatsoever though. It is really bad at night when i am trying to go to sleep. When i have my head turned to the side, I feel like my airway is restricted and the clicking is worse. I have had this problem for about 3 months now! Can anyone help us??!!

I feel and hear a clicking around my adams apple, in my throat, when I swallow. I have had this problem for almost two years. It started out mild, but got worse and now seems to be at a stable condition.
I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one...it happens mostly during the night and sometimes keeps me from falling asleep. It only happens when I lay on my left side. I don't have pain, but it is VERY aggravating! I searched for answers and the following link is the best I could find...although it doesn't say much:

http://netwellness.org/question.cfm/43193.htm

I will be seeing an ENT, but according to other blogs I've read...it doesn't look like they know anything either...LOL.

My throat clicks when i swallow too! I am so glad that there are others who share the same problem! Whenever i tell people that my throat clicks they look at me like im crazy. I first started experiencing the clicking when i was around 15 and i told my doctor and she pretty much acted like i was a hypochondriac lol. I'm 21 now and i still have the clicking but it comes and goes. Right now it is worse than ever. >:( I have to kind of push my adams apple to the right to make the pain go away...

Maybe it is your trachial rings...mine clicks if I push on it. It is weird.

i have the same issue it looks like this problem is starting as some kind
of complication after you have a virus of some kind. as in my case streptococcus virus. it looks like this virus may cause irreversible damage
to throat that aggravate the victim for long time after it looks like disease
vanish.

Hey Peeps,

I have the same thing, its really weird but I seem to remember it starting since I once shouted so loud I thought I had broken my voicebox, my voice went weird and I thought urrgghh that wasnt right, now I have this clicking sensation / sound and feeling when I swollow, Im glad other people have the same thing lol its starting to really get on my nerves though

i have this too, its hugely uncomfortable and i feel like i cant swallow completely. had it for about a year now. life is really unpleasant.

Guys, I have had this for 1.5 months I was freaking out as I had no cold symptoms etc. Trouble swallowing, popping sound feeling in throat. For me it ends up being inflammation of the larynx caused by acid reflux. The reflux is minor enough that you dont get the full blown heartburn but more that the PH level in your acid causes it. I'm not saying this is what you have but have a look into your diet / weight. Maybe try nexium for a bit. Good luck.

this same clicking or grinding in my throat happened after i got hit on the left side of my adams apple with a lacrosse ball while i was playing goalie....in my case the trauma caused it but i still need to know how to fix it!

I have the same awful feeling!
I just got over a virus, (similar to a cold), and I woke up with this awful "clicking" feeling in my throat.
I will try taking some acid reflux medicine and see if it helps. My doctor said to take an anti-inflammatory, but it just isn't helping.
It feels so awful and I will try anything to help get rid of it!!!

Got this too. Had a sore throat for ages, mainly on right hand side. Some lumpy feeling there too. That passed a little, but soreness remained. Now I find my throat feels like its clicking in and out of joint like your knee does sometimes whenever I swallow. Very uncomfortable. I'm hoping its due to over swallowing during sore throat and a little swelling and its will pass???
Be grateful for an update from anyone here?