We noticed a small lump on our daughters neck 10 days ago...it is in the middle on top of where her adams apple would be. When she swallows it moves and we can see it. A very very young doctor took a look at it last week and thought it was a lymphnode, but her school nurse didn't think lymphnodes were smack in the middle of a neck, more to the side and under chins. I'm worried....anyone have a lump like hers in the same spot?

Well the doctor might be wrong here, There shouldn’t be a lymph node there, so there is a good possibility that she has some sort of cyst. Not don’t panic right away, you need to find what exactly is this. You should go back to your doctor and ask him to do some test, or try to biopsy the cyst. Lymph node shouldn’t move when she swallows, that is why I think that this is some sort of cyst.

Is there a possibility that she got bitten by bug? What color is the lump? And try to notice if the lump is growing, pay good attention on the size. Explain to your daughter that she can’t scratch it at all.

I have the same thing where the Adam's apple should be. I am 21 year old female. Its about the size of a mothball but a little bit bigger. I have always had it, but didn't pay no mind to it. Now I'm scared and need help figuring it out.

Hi, our daughter has the exact same pea size lump just above her adams apple-what did you determine it was please?