Hi I am a 41 year old female. Shortly after my family returned home from flying to Colorado in January 2006, I got very dizzy. So much so that I was almost falling down. I also felt a major fullness in my right ear and burning sensation. (didn't think much of it, because we had just flew)After a few days, I went to the emergency room. They done a CatScan and sent me home. After seeing my Primary physician, I was sent to a neurologist. He ordered an MRI (contrasting) where he found a small spot on my Pineal Gland. He said it was nothing and had nothing to do with my dizziness or ear problems. I had a follow up MRI (non-contrasting) 4 months later - which they said also chowed no change and it was probably calcium. I have also been sent to an ENT. They checked my ears (BUT NO TEST) and a hearing test which said I had no hearing loss.
I have had 2 throat scopes (due to acid reflux - and because I keep have recurring sore tongue bumps) and one panendoscopy. I still have the fullness in my right ear - NONSTOP - (I take decongestant and antihistimine everyday), a burning sensation, sometimes pain and NOW my neck feels thickened. I don't feel lumps or anything, but something is definitely different. No one is doing ANYTHING for this. I am so worried. BY THE WAY, my acid reflux is not better. My throat has a burning sensation sometimes.

mmmm.....very interesting..... %-)

I am having similiar problems, this fullness in my neck runs along my carotid arteries but no one seems to think anything of it, it is a horrible feeling and I am at my wits end.  I cannot find answers anywhere.

I have the same thing for about a year + now. It started with an itchy ear / ear drum. It was soooooo itchy I could barely stand it, still I get that every now and then. Docs think Im a hypochondriac now but they aren't treating me. They think its allergies. I have fullness on the right side of my neck and ear. It gets worse when I get nervous almost feels like my glands burn. I feel like there is an internal warmth when it acts up sometimes that makes my right eye feel like it is crying. I've taken decongestants, been neti potting, I have been treating for mild acid reflux and THAT is taken care of...but not my head/neck/ear.
I wish I had a better doctor (not the low-cost ones I have to see) b/c they really don't think I have something to worry about but I have been worring non stop for over a year now.

I wanted to share my very similar experience and CURE!

For about 6 months, I had been having the ear issues you describe. My ears would be clogged at most times, and this gave a strange feeling to the whole side of my head and behind my eyes. The ears would always be clogged, but seemed to be worse at different times.

I had a bout with anxiety and TMJ in the past, and thought it may be related to that. My doctor tried me on Nasonex (prescription nasal steroid). That didn't help.

What FINALLY helped was so simple - treating my GERD (acid reflux). I didn't have heartburn, so I didn't think I had GERD, but apparently I did! Doing some serious treatment for just 4 days fixed my ears!!!

I take one Prilosec in the morning and 2 Pepcid before bedtime. Done! :)

I found this recommendation online, and was desperate, so I tried it. I'm SO glad I did. You mention your reflux is still a problem, so you might want to try this first!

Good luck!

I am 37 y/o and have been having nearly the same issues for 6 months. Started out feeling crummy for several wks with low grade fever. Then several wks later my right ear started hurting at times and would have right sided headaches, brain fog, and itchy ear drum, and dry eyes. Developed a tic in my middle ear which ENT said was middle ear monoclopathy. He said was probably fall allergy related thou i have no hx of allergies. The ear tic nearly drove me crazy. I saw a chiropractor and even had accupuncture to try to get rid of the sounds in my right ear. They finally went away after about 6 wks of misery. I still have pains and burning or warmth sensation in my ear. After a while i developed fullness in my right side of my face, like a sinus infection. And pain behind my right eye and occasional stabbing pains in right side of my head. After 3 courses of antibiotics finally got my ENT to do a CAT scan of my sinuses which he said was normal. Also have had episodes of minor dizzines. ENT thinks i may have tmj. Went to my dentist today and he sees no sign of tmj but referred me to oral surgeon for further eval. I have been using ice periodically on my right jaw while waiting for my dental appt and it did seem to help the fullness in my ear and face but now i have had a pressure/fullness in my right neck that is driving me crazy! Also have been recently diagnosed with acid reflux and h pylori. I don't know if this all related. My hubby thinks i'm turning into a hypochondriac and i'm getting really tired of going to different docs. I have't saw a neurologist yet or had any imaging other than a sinus scan. I also get rapid heart beat after eating. Any helpful suggestions out there?

I had a tooth extracted three years ago...and I noticed my right jaw wasnt closing correctly....with alot of pain.  It went away but noticed two days later...that I was getting this strange pain that went from my jaw all the way up into my brain and its like the sensation of tingling and a sensation of heaviness there as remained over three years...my ear on that side feels full all the time....and sometimes I get pain in my ear...its so chronic...Ive ended up having to adjust my days around it....now I have some foggyness...and I can see that my neck on that side is swollen...and not looking at all like the left side of my neck.  Ive asked doctors to look at this...and they all say itll probably go away....I am so depressed I havent seen any cures...nothing helps but sometimes netti pot....I go to a chiropractor for adjustments...and sometimes that also helps...its almost like tension in my neck and head....its just really annoying....anyone have any suggestions...