Hi, thanks for listening. I am a 41 year old female. In february, I was almost instantaneously dizzy with a loud noise in my ears. My right ear also felt warm inside and FULL. I went to the emergency room, where I had lots of tests and they said everything was fine and sent me home. In the last months following, I have seen a neurologist, ENT, and my primary physician on a regular basis. I have had several throat scopes, 2 MRI's on my brain (one contrasting and one regular) and some kind of test on my brain to test dizziness where I had to lay on a table and go through all kind of different test that intentionally made me dizzy. Since then, NOTHING has changed! I am still dizzy, some days I am miserable, My right ear is has a full feeling, hot sensation on the inside, almost to the point of thinking liquid is in there. Now, my neck feels thick directly under my right ear (can't feel any lumps) and it feels sore to the touch. Occasionally, my right throat is mildly sore. I DON'T KNOW if this helps or not, but I'm being treated for severe Acid Reflux which IS NOT getting better. ( I had a panendoscopy for that also. Said was no ulcers, or such) Needless to say, I am concerned, but no one can find anything and doesn't even seem to take me serious! PLEASE HELP.

I bet you have problems with your TMJ. The jaw joint under your ear. Find a dentist that specializes in this area on the net. Good luck!

I have had the same feeling in my ears and head, I feel that my ears get very hot / burning inside and my head often gets hot. I also get a crushing sensation in my chest and a feeling that I am going to pass out. I am being treated for GERD. I am not sure if this is stress or something more serious ?? Have your symptoms improved ??

I too get the same feeling, I am not sure if it stress

ITs GERD

Honestly it sounds like you an inner ear infection or a Eustachian tube infection.
The burning sensation could be inflammation due to localized fever.
(possibly)
I also have terrible burning pains deep in my ears and sore neck.

In 2000 i started experiencing these symptoms.
Fullness in ears.
Pressure and burning pain deep in ears (Center of my head)
Nausea.
Burning headaches (Burning sensation under scalp in addition to internal pain).
Hearing impaired.
Sudden unexpected noises very painfully loud.
Chills.
Daily Quick fevers.
Hair sensitive to the touch.
Facial sunburn sensation.
Aching shoulders and neck
Dizziness
Skin overly sensitive to hot and cold.
Panic attacks, (unable to handle anything stressful or watch exciting TV)
Weakness (as though fighting an infection)
Cloudy thinking
SEVERE TINNITUS (ringing in the ears)

Tests Done in 2001:
Numerous Blood work
CT scan
MRI
Spinal Tap
Al tests came back normal
Thousands of dollars in debt, no answers.
It took two to three years to recover and i was still not 100%

NOW, starting in November 2008,
I started having the same symptoms BUT WORSE.
It is VERY DIBILITATING.
Two rounds of Antibiotics to no avail.
Doctor only said it looked like i had an ear infection.
After giving this CAREFUL thought, meditation and research I have come to the conclusion that , it indeed started as an ear infection. (OTITIS MEDIA )

However, i believe, that the infection has moved to the bones around the Cochlea.
This would explain the neurological symptoms in the face and head And the Tinnitus,, due to inflammation of the tissues and nearby nerves>(Possibly)
Also, it would explain why the infection stays around so long and the localized fever in the Ears and Neck.
I have always had severe allergies and chronic post nasal drip. This i believe is adding to the Nausea.

Additional New Symptoms:
In addition to worse Symptoms than before, two new symptoms are, Sinus infection with constant green phlegm draining down throat and extremely Foul smelling and yellow Feces.

Have you ever had an MRI done on your neck? I have had chronic symptoms such as: tinnitus, constant pressure in my head, sore neck and back of head, throbbing headaches, a hot feeling sometimes between the right side of my neck and head, tenderness below and behind both ears, a vibrating/rapid-fire sound in ears sometimes, fatigue, pounding and/or racing heart with shortness of breath. I has been misdiagnosed several times, but believe I am finally onto something. I have multiple herniations in my neck with bone spur complexes and cord compression. The neurologist says that my symptoms can all be attributed to the neck issues and blockage of cerebrospinal fluid around my spinal cord. I have said for a long time that I feel better or worse sometimes just depending on the way I move my head. I am starting the process of getting approval from my insurance company for artificial disc replacement of two discs.

I was given many different diagnoses over the past 14 years because the symptoms are so varied and each specialist tends to only look for things in their area of expertise. I tried anxiety medications, allergy and asthma medications and shots, medication for P.O.T.S., and many other things. Good luck in finding an answer!

i know this topic was from almost a year ago but i've been having fullness in the ears and feeling like someone is lighting a fire in my ear, and every once in a while, it'll feel like a bug is crawling up the inside of my ear, really getting old

I know this is an old post but i am having exactly the same problems. I have been having trouble with my ears since 2007 when i had the flu and have had many of the same symptoms above since that time. I was wondering since the time of your posts have you learned anything about a diagnosis or treatment! Thanks for your help!

Traci

hi all,

i have a serious burining sensation in my ears & head in the afternoon time only. morning there is no problem. in the bed time also no issues. i have a problem only between 3.00PM to 7.00PM. pls help me to recover or advise me the possible causes.

thanks in advance.

I am experiencing the same issues, pain in one side of my neck with no prominant lumps. Ringing and muffled hearing in my ears, and
a hot sensation inside my ear, almost like hot wax along with pressure. I have been taking advil and antibiotics. When I went to the doctor i had xrays done, and they found nothing. I did have a positive strep test, even though I didn't have a sore throat or fever, etc.
I have been taking the meds, but the symptoms just seem to be getting worse. I am also being treated for GERD and disc herniations.
I am sick of being worried about what horrible things are wrong with me. The doctors so far say i am fine and keep giving me antibiotics.

I had hot sensations in my ears and throat, sore throats for weeks since October 2010. I took antibiotics which didn't help. I eventually had my throat scoped and the doc said it was GERD. I tried about four different acid reducers and the only one that my stomach could handle was Prevacid. I took a 30mg pill a day for a month with no results. I started taking two 30 mg pills a day, 12 hours apart last week out of desperation and it finally kicked in. For the most part I don't have the warm sensations in my throat and ears, and my ear pains have gone away. The only time I get the warm throat feeling now is when I drink something very acidic like a margarita or rock star...no problems with beer. I didn't check with my doc about taking 60mg a day so I'm not sure what he is going to say when I have to see him next month.

I have experienced most of the symptoms as you all... currently I don't have health insurance and don't qualify for state assistance so I am waiting to be seen at the free clinic at the end of the month. I have done a TON Of research as it doesn't make sense that all of these symptoms are not somehow related... I believe it is a issue with my thyroid. I guess we will find out soon! Don't stress you all, we arn't going crazy and hopefully soon they can figure out what is wrong with us all! It can't be just GERD!

I have the same thing did you ever get to the bottom of it or did it just go away help.....

Find a massage therapist that does craniosacral therapy.  A client had had ear pain.  Her doctor said it was just fluid, not infected.  She mentioned it to me, so I did some crainiosacral therapy.  I checks her mastoid (bone behind her ear) it was fine, so I checked her jaw.  When I tested the area it appeared she had a blockage.  I worked on her jaw for many 5-10 minutes.  I felt it release and then I could feel the ear draining.  My client immediately told me she felt it release and could feel it draining.  That was July 2009:  the week before Thanksgiving of that year, she said it felt like it was returning.  I worked on it again.  The problem was and remains corrected.

Crainiosacral therapy is amazing!  I think you will agree, if you try it!