I have a small area of pain in my front left part of my neck just above the adams apple. It is an area the width of a finger pad or so. I have not been injurred, so I don't think it's a dissected coratid artery (I hope). I don't have a headach, swelling or eye isssues as typically with coratid artery dissection. The pain is not bad unless I poke my finger deep into the neck, and then I get a sharp stabbing pain. I do get a slight pain when swallowing on the left side as well. Any clues???

Thanks!

Jake

Well, getting an x-ray certainly wouldn't hurt. You could try going to a doctor to get an x-ray and see what's up.

If he/she says it's nothing, go to a chiropractor. They do x-rays before working on a patient, as well, so you could hand over the doctor's x-rays to the chiropractor. I suggest this because it may be a subluxation in the neck, or a vertebrae is out causing pain. A chiropractic adjustment would probably greatly help that.

OK...Thanks Bedson. I wouldn't ahve thought that a vertibrae could press against the reverse side of the fron of the neck, but what do I know. It feels like the layer of (whatever) just outside the throat.

Thanks again!

Jake

Hi Jake, I did a google search and came up with this forum thread. I have exactly the same thing going on! I was wondering if you ever found out what it was? With Christmas coming up, I doubt I'll be able to get in to see anyone quickly. Thanks!

~Mike

Hi Jake! I have exactly the same thing you described. Mines on the left side of where my Adam's apple would be if I was a man. I was googling neck muscles and it feels like sternohyoid of the left side. Is that where yours is also?