I had a Colorectal Surgery in May 2014. My Entire large intestine AND rectum have been removed. I have a permanent ileostomy.  In December 2014, I began to have clear, viscous mucus dripping from my anus.  It drips at night while I am trying to sleep.  In January 2015 the mucus began to get thicker (like snot consistancy) and pinker.  Now it is pretty much blood.  Some days more than others.  Bright Red to Dark Red.  Small dark clots when I wipe.

I went to the ER and have followed up with my Surgeon.  After the horrible digital exam.  The Surgeon said nothing is wrong. No fissures or hemmrhoids.  CT scan at ER revealed a hematoma near my pelvis, that probably was from the Surgery (but that was in May 14). I don't have a fever, and i don't feel light headed.  I have no extreme pain.  My stoma is working.  I can't be losing too much blood.  

I have read that mucus will discharge from that area and that is normal.  

But how much is normal? Is the blood normal? 

Help?

Situation persists, blood sometimes but mostly just pink milky mucus.  Anyone at all have any input on this?