Today I saw bright red blood in my stool. Earlier today I felt the urge to urinate on an empty bladder, I don't know if this could be related. I have had the urge once or twive before but no blood in stool. I'm on iron supplements for low iron but have not been checked in a while, I've read that could be related. It was not painful but in the past I have had bowl movements that have felt shape and small amounts of blood on the toilet paper. Does this sound really serious, or should I wait to see if it happens again?
Thanks.

Any type of blood in stool should be observed! There are so many reasons for this, a lot of health issues can cause blood in the stool. For example, the most common causes of rectal bleeding from the colon include hemorrhoids, colon cancer, polyps, colonic polyp removal, anal fissures, colitis, etc.

It doesn't matter if your blood is bright or dark. You should know that always bright blood can become darker! If you believe that you know what is going on, think again - you can't be sure without some tests and analyzes. I suggest your visit your doctor before this pain becomes unreal! 

I'm 18 years old and it's exam time so I have been sitting and stressing alot, if that makes a difference.

I had this about 3 months ago and it nearly gave me a hard attack. I went to the bathroom and after wiping saw bright red blood. At first, i thought it was mentral but learned after another wipe that it was certainly coming from elsewhere. Any place that blod is coming out of where it is not supposed to be is not a good sign.
I called a health hotline to ask if i should be worried and she told me to go to the hospital just to be sure. So i did and learned that i has Anal Fissures, which are like small varicose veins but around the anus. One was sensitive one day and burst. The doctor informed me to eat more dark greens, lots of fibre and have nice warm baths to sooth the discomfort. After 2 days, the bleeding stopped and i was fine. Havent had a problem since.

My suggestion is that you should get it checked anyway. You dont want to play with your health or prolong seeing anyone in case it is serious. In most cases where something concerns you because it isnt normal for your body, then there is probably something not right. Get checked. For the blood issue, is sounds similar to my issue for which there is nothing to worry about. Apparently it is quite normal but should be monitored. BUT, i am not a doctor therefore i cant tell you what you have. Few words of advice, monitor your feces. If there is blood in the feces (not on), there there may be a possible gastrointestinal problem which requires the anal exam. Lucky for me, it was a fissure and i was spared from anything entering the back region (thank goodness!).

Take care and best of luck!

I have been experiencing bright red blood coming out of my stool for the last couple of day's now. It's happened to me before I went to the ER they checked on me and told me it was caused from hemeroids. I have discomfort in the abdominal area for about an hour now. I don't know how much blood should be coming out of a hemeroid thats normal. I'll just google it maybe I can find something out from that. I hope this is just something normal that everyone goes through other wise it's up to mother-nature to her work.

Take care everyone Penina Malia Desmond %-)

Sorry for the thumb down. I clicked it by accident.