My husband has had a problem with blurred vision for the past two weeks. It is like looking at a light with a cloth over it, blurred not sharp or crisp. It seems as if something is irritating his left eye, like sand has gotten under his lid and is trying to get out. He says that everything is blurry, fuzzy dim in his left eye and itches. My husband is 58 yrs old, heart patient. What can be possible cause of his blurred vision?

Blurred vision can come about from any disturbance in the pathway of light from the front of the eye to the retina and disorders of the optic nerves which transmit visual information to the brain can also be a source. Maybe he just needs glasses, but again there are more complicated reasons which can be present. A complete eye examination may be necessary to determine the cause. There are few conditions that can cause more than just blurred vision and some of them may cause a loss of vision. I am not a doctor so I would like to tell you something that is not true. He should see a doctor.