I have a question about my father, 86 years of age. Recently he began complaining on his blurred vision... What could it be? I am concerned about him; he never had any serious problems with his health and now this all of a sudden. We scheduled an appointment at the doctor's tomorrow, but I would like to be prepared for anything he might say. Any info would be useful, thanks.

The most probable reason for your father's blurred vision is glaucoma. It is the most common cause of eye trouble in older people. Glaucoma could damage retina which affects vision. Restoring eyesight to its previous state depends on how much retina was damaged. It is somewhat possible that the damage is irreversible, but you cannot know that until doctor examines him.

i also wanted to know a blurred vision for a young man who is 36 years old,no previous history of blood pressure and diabetes mellitus.the person went to work normally and had a sudden onset of blurred vision and had vomiting frequently for few times on that day,blurred vision continues for a week without headache..he was normal before and no headache ..just blurred vision... posible diagnosis is required .....